Monday, July 30, 2012

J. Randy Taraborrelli announced his departure as a Jackson expert

Michael Jackson's most considered reliable biographer by the fans announced in his facebook he wouldn't answer questions about Michael anymore, for him and the Jackson family sake. The entire note can be read below, even f you hadn't a facebook account

J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community

Well...

I know I will be mean one more time but...though I have nothing against him (the man can be nice sometimes, yes), I always felt he just wanted to have his ass kissed by the fans,always choosing words and beautiful things to say. I don't know how true is this, I never read his book but it's said among the fans he was one of the responsible for the beginning of the allegations, because of his book. He's even friends with Diane Dimond, who always had an agenda against Michael.

There's doubt if he really knew Michael for 40 years. He just shows the same pic from the 70's over and over again.







A bloguer posted a story two years ago that allegedly happened between JRT and Michael, concerning the publishing of his book. It seems Michael tried to stop it. Again I don't know how true is this, though it's talked often.

Michael and J. Randy Taraborrelli - Best Friends Money Can Buy

I showed here already that I admire Ian Halperin because he's one of the very few journalists who always claimed Michael's absolute innocence. Of course, his haters would say he thought Michael was guilty and his initial objective was catch him. Yes, Ian confirmed it himself. But better knowing he was wrong than persisting he was guilty, right? He has a daughter, it's only normal his concern. Besides, if Michael was really guilty-which he wasn't- what's so wrong if Ian had caught him?


For that reason I didn't like it when Taraborrelli made a little joke in his facebook, some years ago,saying he would have locked Ian with other two men I can't recall the names and give them a karate blow. All for pleasing those who trusted him. It seemed like he was jealous, because now Ian Halperin is the one used as a source. He even gave an interview recently about the Jacksons last drama (I didn't see it, though) In fact, each time the fans knew something about Ian who would happen they got desperate,always asking for help (as JRT could do anything)and creating a kind of battle between the two biographers.

I always wondered, if Taraborrelli was so good and Halperin that bad why I never heard a bad word about him from the Jackson family? The only thing I read was a claim by a fan that she knew the family was furious because Halperin's book. But I never saw any evidence that supported that claim. I mean, when a Jackson claims something important on twitter some fan takes a screenshot and shows it. Of course, there's a possibility it was true. Even if he claimed Michael' innocence in the book he still claimed him gay as well and it's a fact the Jackson family is a little homophobic.
Surprisingly enough, the family even was aware of his documentary in 2010,Gone too Soon, about Michael and never forbade him to air it. They was furious of Marc Schafell's documentary instead!
I saw, yes, Jermaine complaining about JRT book last year, when he was about to publish his own book. I can't took a screenshot because the tweet is old but here is the exact message:

Research has made me read Randy Taraborrelli. I am speechless. He's been pulling words out of his ass with his dialogue & scenes


Of course calling out through twitter/facebook isn't  the same thing as making it behind a camera. After all, they're hidden behind a screen and nobody cannot see their faces while they make such claims. It's still amazingm though, why him or other member of the family never called out Ian Halperin in that easy way, at least showing their displeasure.

Taraborrelli never suffered the same as Ian Halperin. Even the fans who hate him never were so mean with him as they're with Ian. He even received death threats and keeps firm. Taraborrelli walks away simply because he hasn't any answers to give and can't stand what some fans say to him.

And I believe this is what bothers the fans.

No matter what they say or do, Ian Halperin doesn't gives a damn and says what he wants, without sugar-coating.

This isn't a JRT bashing post, I stated I have nothing against him. But I felt like to point some differences between them.

1 comment:

  1. You haven't read Tarborrelli's book? It was published first in the beginning of the 90-s. I have to say it was not bad, it was quite well-researched bio. Though there were some peculiar rumours not backed up by anything, e.g. that MJ might be (leaning) gay. Then there were several additions - about Lisa Marie etc. They seemed like pure fanfiction! Exactly like Jermaine described it: "He's been pulling words out of his ass with his dialogue & scenes". LOL! My opinion is that Taraborrelli was NEVER a friend of Michael. He was just a journalist who made several interviews with Michael in ancient times. I don't think he ever talk to MJ after "Thriller". MJ had soo many self-proclaimed friends and confidants!..

    ReplyDelete